NAGVA Referee & Scorekeeper Process
All certification exams are available to be taken online. Tournaments are not required to offer clinics, so it will be important that each team ensure that they have both a certified official and scorekeeper before attending the tournament.
Players must take the exam more than ten days from the beginning of their next tournament.
The new process is easy! Here are the steps:
- Review the Officiating and Scorekeeping presentations and other reference documents that are available on the "Documents and Forms" section of NAGVA Website under "Officials Documents". Please note that anyone wanting to take the Refereeing Exam must first pass the Scorekeeping Exam.
- In order to take the Scorekeeping Exam, click on the PENCIL icon below. In order to take the Referee Exam, click on the MEGAPHONE icon below.
- If you pass the Scorekeeping Exam, your profile will be immediately updated to reflect that you are a NAGVA certified scorekeeper. If you do not pass the exam, please contact the NAGVA VP of Officials using the "Contact the VP of Officials" form below to request a re-take of the exam. Each player will be limited to one re-take. Once you pass the Scorekeeping Exam, you will be eligible to take the Refereeing Exam if desired.
- If you pass the Refereeing Exam, you must still be evaluated onsite at the tournament to be evaluated for the second (or practical) part of the certification. Players that need to be evaluated must contact the Tournament Director in order to be evaluated. The tournament will facilitate the evaluation and report the results to NAGVA. Upon passing both the online exam and practical, your profile will be updated with your referee certification information. If you do not pass the exam, please contact the NAGVA VP of Officials using the "Contact the VP of Officials" form below to request a re-take of the exam. Each player will be limited to one re-take.
- Players who are currently USAV Certified Referees will be exempt from the NAGVA Referee and Scorekeeping requirements as long as he/she contacts the VP of Officials using the form below. You must provide the following information: Full Name, Region, Current Ranking and Region Chair Name.
Please send any questions to the NAGVA VP of Officials using the form at the bottom of this page.
* These fields are required.